Simonton Lake is a 302 acre lake in northern Elkhart County just a short distance south of the state border with Michigan and just north of the city of Elkhart.  The lake consists of two basins often referred to Big Simonton Lake and Little Simonton Lake.  These two basins are connected by a large channel.  Several man-made channels can be found on the eastern shoreline of the small basin.  Because the lake is above 300 acres, Simonton Lake is an all-sport lake.  Simonton Lake is easily accessed by the Indiana toll road, and Indiana State Road 19.  About 90% of the 400+ homes on the lake are year-round homes.  The remaining 10% are rental properties or summer residences. 

Summer sports include water skiing, water boarding, sailing, swimming, scuba diving and snorkeling, fishing, etc.  Winter sports include: ice fishing, skating, hockey, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing.

There are two restaurants lakeside allowing diners to boat to lunch or dinner.  Supermarkets and shopping are just minutes away.